People are staring at computer screens more and more. This gives you dry eyes, but luckily, the problem is only short-term and can be avoided in the first place.

  • Blink often. People blink at least half as much as normal when staring at the computer
  • 10-10-10. Every 10 minutes, look at an object 10 feet away for 10 seconds to get them adjusted to long-distance.
  • Adjust the screen settings: windows sizes, text sizes, colors, brightness etc..
  • Back up the screen: 16-24 inches is a good distance, depending on your eyesight
  • Use the computer less: type your e-mails faster and print all your long documents

4 comments:

3L said...

great tips. I need them.

Anonymous said...

me too :)

Anonymous said...

10-10-10. Every 10 minutes, look at an object 10 feet away for 10 seconds to get them adjusted to long-distance.

I think if you have a good looking female sitting next to you this would happen more often than 10 minutes!!

Anonymous said...

I loved your article – it was some great information. I think you and your readers might be interested in another article I found, about Dry Eyes.

Www.whatistheeye.wordpress.com

Post a Comment

Your comments make me HAPPY.
Everyone is free to say whatever he/she wants to say and there is no stoooopid word verification. Plus I'll make sure to leave you a comment as well.