When Timbaland's Shock Value was released, I went to see my friends the very same day and told them to watch Keri Hilson. Her vocals and arrangements were amazing. 2 years later, she finally releases her first album and I like it but I don't love it. She also had sa trong first week sales starting at the #4 spot on Billboard 200.
She collaborates with Kanye West, Ne-yo, Keyshia Cole, Lil Wayne and of course Timbaland. This is a solid modern R&B album with productions by Danja (who also works with Britney Spears), Timbaland and Polow Da Don (Rihana, Usher, Mariah Carey, Fergie etc...).
In a Perfect World is actually a RnB album you can listen from A to Z without skipping a track and most importantly without being bored. The songs don't sound like the same.
YAY: The songs are very radio friendly, sexy, send a positive message and make you want to get up and dance.
NAY: There is nothing extraordinaire in this album, that's why I don't love it. I just like it. And I can't see myself listenning to it in 6 months.
PS: Keri Hilson has writing and producing credits in all the songs. Kudos to that.

2 comments:

3L said...

LZ you are the coolest. You must have eclectic taste, I think that's we we get along so well. (cause you know I'm pretty cool too) ; )

LazyKing said...

yes you are :)

Post a Comment

Your comments make me HAPPY.
Everyone is free to say whatever he/she wants to say and there is no stoooopid word verification. Plus I'll make sure to leave you a comment as well.